Many people consider their pet as part of their family, so why not include them as part of your home renovation?
In our article Creative Home Decor That Is Unique and Personal we talk about how home renovations provide an opportunity to showcase things that are most important to you and your family. For many of us, this could be our pet or pets.
This article contains many pictures of various types of home renovation projects which had their pet in mind. The hope is that one of the pictures might inspire some creative ideas as you plan for your home renovation project.
Click on the links below to read more informative articles as you plan for your home renovation project:
Many of the pet features shown in the pictures below started by the homeowner / pet owner identifying wasted space within their home and/or home renovation project and looking for a creative way to make that space more usable and meaningful.
Ideas for the Kitchen:
Consider the ways your pet impacts your home or how your home impacts your pets: Sleeping, eating, grooming, play and storage/organization of pet stuff.
Ideas for the Laundry Room:
- Make your home more comfortable and/or accessible for them.
- Simplify your daily life by making caring for your pets easier and more time efficient.
- Enhance your home’s appearance, functionality and organization.
ideas for the Bedroom:
ideas for the basement:
Start by asking yourself these 3 questions:
- What could I do to enhance my pet’s activities within our home?
- What changes would make caring for my pet simpler or more convenient?
- What creative opportunities does my home or home renovation project offer towards accomplishing the answers to questions 1 and 2?
ideas for the Family room:
ideas for the hallway / foyer:
Some people feel that incorporating unique features specifically designed for our pets may lower the home’s value when it is time to sell. However, since there are so many devoted pet owners, it could be a selling feature increasing the value of your home.
ideas for Outdoors:
With a little creativity, it could also be a conversation piece for visitors.